Colombia’s Radamel Falcao in action during the 2-1 defeat against Japan
Poland vs. Colombia
- When: Sunday 24 June
- Kick-off time: 7pm
- Where: Kazan Arena, Kazan
- TV channel: live on ITV
Poland and Colombia lost their opening matches of the World Cup and will have to secure a victory at the Kazan Arena.
Defeat for either side, the pre-tournament group favourites, will see them face elimination at the first stage in Russia.
Colombia striker Radamel Falcao said: “I want to win and on Sunday we’ll do everything we can to get the three points. It’ll be like a final.”
Fifa.com reports that James Rodriguez could return to Colombia’s line-up after only starting from the bench in the 2-1 loss to Japan. Colombia will be without the suspended Carlos Sanchez who was sent-off in the first game.
The Daily Telegraph reports that Poland are likely to be without Kamil Glik.
Poland vs. Colombia predicted starting XIs
How the teams could line up at the Kazan Arena, according to Fifa.com:
- Poland: Wojciech Szczesny; Kamil Glik; Michal Pazdan, Lukasz Piszczek; Maciej Rybus, Jacek Goralski, Grzegorz Krychowiak, Bartosz Bereszyniski; Kamil Grosicki, Piotr Zielinski, Robert Lewandowski
- Colombia: David Ospina; Santiago Arias, Cristian Zapata, Oscar Murillo, Johan Mojica; Abel Aguilar, Wilmar Barrios; Juan Cuadrado, James Rodriguez, Luis Muriel; Radamel Falcao
Group H results, fixtures and live TV channels
- Colombia 1 Japan 2
- Poland 1 Senegal 2
- 24 June: Japan vs. Senegal (4pm, BBC); Poland vs. Colombia (7pm, ITV)
- 28 June: Senegal vs. Colombia (3pm, BBC); Japan vs. Poland (3pm, BBC)