The Marine Broadcasting Offences Act saw the closure of Radio London, which on 14 August 1967 arrived at the Port of Felixstowe in Suffolk. The DJs, Mike Lennox, Pete Drummond, John Peel, Michel Philistin, Willy Walker, Paul Kay, Chuck Blair, Mark Roman and Tony Brandon, were greeted by fans of the station.
Daily digest email
- Celtic star Olivier Ntcham: Bring on PSG and £200m man Neymar
- Angelo Quirino: Family of boy crushed by gate 'devastated'
- Alan Brazil breakfast bite – Thursday, August 24: Sam Allardyce's manager roulette!
- Wales meets recycling target four years early
- Undocumented youth divided over how to fight back against Trump immigration clampdown
2017 After Against Arsenal Attack Belfast Boss Brendan Brexit Celtic Chelsea City Could Crash Deal Death Dies England Fire First Football Found From Into Ireland Jailed League Liverpool Manchester More Murder News Northern Over Police Premier Rangers Rodgers Says Scotland Scottish transfer United Woman World