The Marine Broadcasting Offences Act saw the closure of Radio London, which on 14 August 1967 arrived at the Port of Felixstowe in Suffolk. The DJs, Mike Lennox, Pete Drummond, John Peel, Michel Philistin, Willy Walker, Paul Kay, Chuck Blair, Mark Roman and Tony Brandon, were greeted by fans of the station.
Daily digest email
- Ryan Burnett v Zhanat Zhakiyanov LIVE: Ryan Burnett is the unified World bantamweight champion
- Stephen Robinson's dad will only swap caravan for Hampden if Motherwell make the final
- Manchester United news: Jose Mourinho left furious by attitude of his players in defeat to Huddersfield
- ‘Unique and sweet-natured little boy’ Ryan Busa laid to rest
- Celtic reach Betfred Cup final with 4-2 win over Hibs as unbeaten run hits 60
2017 After Against Arsenal Attack Belfast Boss Brendan Celtic Champions Chelsea City Could Crash Deal Death Dies England Fire First Football Found From Into Ireland Jailed League Liverpool Manchester More Murder News Northern Over Police Premier Rangers Rodgers Says Scotland Scottish transfer United Woman World